Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mexico I 03/2007

Me and Nathan (my boyfriend) decided to go to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize over the spring break (and his vacation from job). Originally, it was supposed to be a trip to the Grand Canyon but it turned out to be too cold for that kind of fun :) Lonely Planet is my companion wherever I travel in the world. It feels almost like a real person.


Beaches and ruins at Tulum, Mexico. Me and Nathan.



Tulum






















Waiting for the bus. Homeless dogs are everywhere.



Nathan




Cliff Evans lives close to the borders with Belize on Mexican coast Costa Maya. He is a retired truck dealer from Texas.



Cliff's Pitbull doggie was frankly a bit scary.



Cliff is totally self- sufficient with solar power, rain water pick-up, satelite to get an internet connection better than in a near by village Xcalack. And... he makes the best Margarita in the world :)




Sun rise over Costa Maya.







Large coral reef is spreading along the shore of Mexico and Belize. From Cliff's house you can easily paddle to the reef and spent whole day snorchling and observing the see world.














I met Cliff on my previous trip to Mexico, in 2002.



Coconut palm trees.










Visitors:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

nice pictures!

I can see you guys are very happy together.

I wish you the best!

AlĂȘ (Nathan's brazilian brother)

Cliff said...

Hi from the last gringo on the east coast of Mexico and Pinky and Toro!