Friday, November 25, 2005

In Akron for Thanksgiving

Following pictures are from Akron, Ohio. I spent here my first Thanksgiving in my life :] I flew from Chicago to Cleveland, which is about 45 minutes far from Akron. Peter picked us up along with his daughter Rachel, who came exactly the same time from Washington DC.

Peter's family is half czech cause he came to US from CZ together with his parents 40 years ago. I met his parents who are in really great shape and they still talk czech at home.

Over the Thanksgiving I had a lot of rest, fun, I enjoyed it really a lot. We went to some great Akron' s restaurants - mexican, thai, pure american, did some shopping, cooking and also sight seeing.



Thanksgiving dinner with Korycan' s family, grandparents, daughter Rachel and two cats reminded me our Christmas in the Czech Rep...




Peter in his new hat :] Well, the cold Midwest winter has started, it' s better be warm!



For the Thanksgiving dinner we have been cooking all together for eight hours! But the food was excellent!




Preperation of turkey...




Me, while on the phone with Luba, our family (now I mean both families - my and Korycans) canadian friend, whose stories are really lovely and funny



Peter, his parents (originally from the CZ), Rachel and me




Cat Sami and pumkins...Peter always says that in next life he would like to reborn like one of the Korycan's cats




Rachel's Sami



Sleeping Udi




House in Akron, where Peter&Susan are staying. The surrounding is pretty, lots of parks and greenery..



The downtown of Akron reminds me Peoria. Even here I found a lots of churches and they are even more huge than the peorian ones. ;]



During Thanksgiving day nobody is walking outside...By the way I took these pics out of our car so I apologize for their poor quality :]



Outside of the car was damn cold...

No comments: